Monday, February 2, 2009

The Fischbowl

When reading this blog I went back to the thoughts of a conversation I was having with my mom just the other night. I was explaining to her how helpful technology can be in teaching and how these days four year old children know more about technology than some adults. It is sad to me when I hear an older teacher say "well that's not how we did it". Times change and people have to change with it in some ways.

It is almost impossible to find a job that does not use technology in some way. Even fast food restaurants use technology. I think the Internet is a great tool for students. You can find almost anything on Google. If a student leaves their book at school and needs help with their homework, all they have to do is go to the Internet and search. I think it also teaches students how to do research. How will we ever better ourselves without doing research? Technology is a wonderful teaching tool.

1 comment: