Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why doesn't the moon fall down?

The video podcast I watched was called Why doesn't the moon fall down? I found it in the K-5 grade level. The podcast was a lady explaining why the moon does not fall out of the sky. As she was talking, there were visuals such as pictures demonstrating what she was saying on the screen.
I feel this particular podcast would be a great tool in the classroom to teach students about gravity and because of the visuals could even be used for very young children. Things usually make more sense to kids when presented with something they can physically see. I have always been a visually learner and if my teacher had shown me something like this podcast, the rotation of the moon may have been a little clearer. I plan on using activities and visuals in my classroom to teach my students about every subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment